This user note covers all the models for KQ300R-T
The KQ300R-T is a large chamber, rotary-pumped coating system ideally suited for sputtering a single large diameter specimen up to 8"/200mm (eg a wafer), or multiple smaller specimens over a similar diameter.
The KQ300R-T is fitted with three individual sputtering heads to ensure even deposition on a range of specimen types. The system is designed to sputter non-oxidising (noble) metals - eg gold (Au), gold/palladium (Au/Pd) and platinum (Pt) - and is fitted with three individual sputtering heads to ensure even sputtering deposition over a large diameter. Gold (Au) targets are fitted as standard.
NB: For sputtering non-oxidising and oxidising metals, see the KQ300T-T Triple Target, Large Chamber, Turbo-Pumped Sputter Coater.
For sequential sputtering of two different oxidising or non-oxidising metals, see the KQ300T-D Dual Target Sequential Sputtering System.
- Large area sputter coating - up to 8"/200mm diameter
- Triple sputtering head - ensures even coating deposition of large specimens
- Single target selection - for economic coating of small specimens
- Sputtering of a range of non-oxidising (noble) metals - such as gold (Au), platinum (Pt) and silver (Ag). For oxidising metals see Q300T T and Q300T D
- Precise thickness control using the film thickness monitor option
- Fully automatic touch screen control - rapid data input, simple operation
- Multiple, customer-defined coating schedules can be stored - ideal for multi-user laboratories
- Coat logging - details of the last 100 coatings available on screen
- Automatic vacuum control - can be pre-programmed to suit the process and material; no needle valve to adjust
- Easy-to-change, drop-in style specimen stages (rotation stage as standard)
- Vacuum shut-down feature - leaves the process chamber under vacuum when not in use - improved vacuum performance
- Thick film capabilities - up to 60 minutes sputtering time without breaking vacuum
- Ergonomic one-piece moulded case - easy maintenance and service access
- Ethernet with local FTP server connection - simple programmer updates
- Power factor correction - complies with the current legislation (CE Certification) - efficient use of power means reduced running costs
- Three-year warranty
Ideal for sputter coating large SEM specimens
The KQ300R-T is suited for sputtering noble metals, such as gold (Au) and platinum (Pt) for scanning electron microscopy (SEM).
Triple sputtering head
The KQ300R-T is fitted with three individual sputtering heads to ensure even deposition of individual large specimens or multiple smaller specimens. For economical coating of small specimens, 'single target' mode can be selected.
NB: It is not possible to sequentially sputter three different sputtering metals from each sputtering head - for sequential coating see the KQ300T-D Dual Target Sequential Sputtering System.
Moulded case with colour touch screen
The KQ300R-T is presented in a custom moulded, one-piece case, allowing easy servicing access. The colour touch screen allows multiple users to input and store coating 'recipes'. The case houses all the working components, including an automatic bleed control that ensures optimum vacuum conditions during sputtering.
The vacuum chamber has an internal diameter of 283mm/12" and comes with an integral implosion guard. The KQ300R-T also includes 'vacuum shutdown', which enhances vacuum performance by allowing the chamber vacuum to be maintained when the system is not in use.
A variable speed rotary specimen stage is fitted as standard for 8"/200mm and 6"/150mm wafers, with other stages available as options - see Options and Accessories.
Rapid data entry
At the operational heart of the KQ300R-T is a simple colour touch screen, which allows even the most inexperienced or occasional operator to rapidly enter and store their own process data. To further aid ease of use a number of typical sputtering and carbon coating profiles are already stored. For added convenience, summaries of the last 100 coatings carried out can be viewed.
The intuitive touch screen interface features maintenance prompts that highlight:
- Time of last clean
- Coating time since last cleaned
- System 'on time'
- Time of last service.
|Options and Accessories (including details of standard specimen stage)|
Specimen stages:The KQ300R-T has specimen stages to meet most requirements. All are easy-change, drop-in style (no screws) and height-adjustable (except the rotary planetary stage). Rotation speed is variable between preset limits:
* Flat rotation stage for wafers - for 8"/200mm and 6"/150mm wafers (fitted as standard)
* Rotation stage - 50mm ?. This stage only rotates - no tilt or height adjustment
* Rotate-tilt stage - 50mm ? with height adjustment (target to stage height variable between 30-80mm). The tilt angle can be pre-set (horizontal to 30°)
* Rotation stage for glass microscope slides.
Other options:* Extended height chamber for taller specimens
* Film Thickness Monitor (FTM)- This attachment (11520) consists of a controller and quartz crystal oscillator built into the KQ300R-T, plus a vacuum feed-through, chamber-mounted crystal holder and quartz crystal. As sputtered material is deposited onto the crystal, its frequency of oscillation is modified. This 'modification' is used to measure and control the thickness of material deposited. NB: Cannot be used when the coater is operated in 'single target' mode.
For information on the KQ150T, and the sputter and carbon coating techniques, visit the Preparation Techniques and Advantages page.
To view sputter and carbon coating images, visit the Image Gallery.