Starting parameters for capturing images with a ODCM camera
- Open ToupView™ (ScopePhoto™ ScopeTek™) and focus the specimen in the live capture window.
- Select Video Source Property from the Setup menu.
- White Balance tab
- Hold a sheet of white paper under the microscope so that the light source is projected onto it. Click Auto White Balance. The colour temperature will be set to a neutral grey (~20%).
- Exposure tab
- Tick Auto Exposure and click the Default button.
- Colour tab
- Adjust the gamma, saturation, and contrast as desired.
Note: The white balance will not change unless the colour temperature is changed. This can occur when increasing the intensity of a light source, changing the bulb, or using a different microscope. Using the white paper method to achieve a neutral grey will adjust the white balance to different light sources/intensities.